– recipe –
fish & Sesame Chinese toast
fish & sesame Chinese toast
200 g of Fish With A Story, cut into small pieces
1 egg white
1 clove garlic, minced
1 spring onion, chopped fine
1 tsp ginger. minced
1 tbsp soya sauce
squeeze of lemon
salt and white pepper
3 slices white bread
¼ cup sesame seeds
1 L vegetable oil
- Place the fish, egg white, garlic, ginger, spring onion, soya, lemon salt and pepper in a blender/ food processor and process until it has formed a paste.
- Cut the slices of bread from corner to corner into 4 triangular pieces each.
- Spread the paste on each piece of bread using about 1 tbsp of paste per piece.
- Place the sesame seeds on a flat plate and dip each piece of bread, paste side down, into the seeds, creating an even layer of sesame seeds on the paste.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot to 180C and fry the pieces of toast until golden on both sides, about 3–4 minutes.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.