– recipe –
Prep time: 5 minutes
Coastal Pantry: Pickled Kreef With a Story
Also works well with: any leftover Fish With A Story
Occasion: Easy weekday, Decadent lunch
1 jar of Pickled Kreef With A Story from the Coastal Pantry
½ baby gem lettuce, washed
4 tbsp of mayonnaise
squeeze of lemon juice
handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbsp of capers, chopped (optional)
2 hot dog rolls
salt & pepper to taste
- Drain the Pickled Kreef, dry it on paper towel, then roughly chop.
- Mix the mayo in a small bowl with the lemon juice and parsley. Season to taste. Stir in the capers if using.
- Swirl the kreef into the mayo and set aside.
- Cut the rolls in half lengthways through the top. Place 2-3 gem lettuce leaves in each roll.
- Divide and load the kreef between both rolls equally. Enjoy!