– recipe –
Yellowtail ReD Curry
– RECIPE –
yellowtail red curry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Works well with: Yellowtail, any Fish With A Story
Occasion: Easy weekday
500 g diced butternut, pumpkin or sweet potato
2 tbsp peanut oil or olive oil
1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
3-4 tbsp red curry paste
2 x 400 ml coconut milk
4 Yellowtail fillets from our Fish With A Story convenience range, sliced into 3 (or 12 portions)
4 lime leaves
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp brown or coconut sugar
basil & coriander
1 red chilli, sliced diagonally
- Cook the diced butternut until soft in a pot of boiling water and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat half the oil with the ginger & garlic for 2 minutes, stirring until fragrant. Then add the curry paste, stirring continuously, and pour over the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked butternut along with the lime leaves. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan. Coat the fish slices in a little oil and fry for 2-3 minutes each side. Allow the fish to release naturally from the pan before turning it, to avoid the fish breaking up or sticking.
- Stir in the fish sauce with the brown sugar. Taste and adjust if required. Spoon into bowls, top with griddled fish slices, garnish with herbs and red chilli if desired. Serve with lime wedges and noodles or steamed Jasmine rice.
TIP: Shops sell this paste readily but feel free to use 1 clove of fresh garlic and a 1 cm piece of ginger grated, instead. For mid-week supper madness, forget griddling the fish, just chop it into cubes, add it to the curry in step 4 and cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked through.