– recipe –
Miso Butter Yellowtail
– RECIPE –
MISO BUTTER YELLOWTAIL
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Works well with: Yellowtail, any Fish With A Story
Occasion: Easy midweek
4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
2 tsp red miso paste*
pinch of salt
2 x 125 g Yellowtail fillets (Fish With A Story)
1-2 tsp olive oil
1 pack bok choy, cut in half lengthways
coriander or parsley
- Combine butter and miso paste together until they are mixed. Set aside.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of miso butter on a medium-hot pan. Add the fish, skin side up. Loosely cover the pan with foil and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large frying pan, add the bok choy, cut side down and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add a splash of water and allow it to wilt.
- Flip the fish and cook until cooked through. Add more butter if the pan is too dry.
- Serve with steamed rice & wilted bok choy.
*Miso is a widely-available, fermented soy bean paste.