– recipe –
SMOKED fish pate
SMOKED FISH PATE
200 g smoked fish
1 onion, chopped
150 g butter
juice of ½ lemon
milled black pepper
125 ml (½ cup) cream
- Remove the fish skin and bones and flake the flesh.
- Soften the onion in half the butter.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the remaining butter, flaked fish, lemon juice, plenty of pepper and cream.
- Whizz the mixture smoothly in a food processor or blender. A fork will also do.
- Check the flavour, scoop the pate into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Serve liberally spread on wholewheat bread.